Monday, December 15, 2008

Habemus ME!

I've often been accused of living in my own little world. Truth be told, that's an accuarate accusation.

Upon reflection, it dawned on me that this little world of mine--call it an alternate reality, another dimension, or whatever you'd like--was missing something.

Yes, this dimension--which I call "the Me-smos"--has been Christian since my baptism in 1989.

Yes, the Me-smos has been in full communion with the Catholic Church since my confirmation in 1998.

But, alas, the Me-smos has been without a pope.

Until now, that is.

I recently called a conclave, in which all one of me cast their votes and unanimously elected me the Pope of the Me-smos.

I have taken the name "Hilarious," to which has been added by popular acclamation the title "the Terrible"--because, let's face it...the Me-smos may be Christian, but its hardly been thoroughly evangelized and, well...I'd make a pretty lousy pope.

As a side note, were I to be elected pope in the dimension known as the real world--which, to be honest, is less than a 50/50 chance, and were I to also take the name "Hilarious," I would actually be Pope Hilarious the Second!